Saturday, January 14, 2012

Cult Nails Clairvoyant/Unicorn Puke

The last polish from the Cult Nails Super Powers Collection is Clairvoyant! But Clairvoyant has a secret... it is also known by another name-- Unicorn Puke!! For those of you who aren't necessarily obsessive nail polish fans, there is a famous polish out there, Clarins 230, which is a magical color-shifting duochrome polish that is also known as "Unicorn Pee" in the nail polish world and is incredibly hard to find these days-- you can find bottles of Clarins 230 on eBay for upwards for $60. Yikes!

Instead of trying to tell you the whole story of Clairvoyant/Unicorn Puke myself, I'll let Maria's words do the talking. From Maria's blog:

"If you follow me on Twitter, you saw a sneak peak of this one last night. I am still a color short for the winter collection, but I know I want a flakie. I have been working on a flakie for another blogger, and ideally that will be the flakie, but I couldn't help but play around. In my mind I wanted something like the infamous "unicorn pee" but with flakes instead of shimmer. I didn't quite make it, but I fell in love with it as it is, so I stopped there. I lovingly named this Unicorn Puke. That will not be the official name, but for now it works."

Due to popular demand, Maria decided to do a limited run of bottles labeled Unicorn Puke-- these bottles have gold writing on them and are individually numbered. Of course, I was in love with unicorns when I was younger and how I could resist a polish with the name Unicorn Puke?! I couldn't. I managed to get a bottle, which was lucky because they sold out within several hours of the bottles going on sale on the Cult Nails website. 




So let's get down to business! Clairvoyant/Unicorn Puke are exactly the same polish, just in differently labeled bottles. This polish is a sheer purple jelly base that is literally packed full of multicolor flakies. Amazing! It looks so pretty in the bottle alone, but it looks even better on your nails!

Because Clairvoyant is sheer, it is meant to be worn over a base color, though it you like sheer look you can wear this alone on your nails. Here I have layered 1 coat of Clairvoyant over Time Traveler, which if you remember is a deep royal blue jelly polish. Hopefully at some point in the future I will have time to layer Clairvoyant over some other polishes but right now you'll just get a lot (and I mean a lot!) of pictures of this combination!

Artificial light with flash:



Artificial light:






Natural light - shade:



Is this gorgeous?! I love it so much. And even better is that this was only coat-- a little goes a long way! I love this because it reminds me of a stained glass-- mostly because of the variety of colors. I can't wait to see it layered over some other base colors. I will definitely try it over black and a purple... any other suggestions? Maybe a dark green or a dark red.

Now unfortunately, Clairvoyant is currently sold out on the Cult Nails website, but Maria promises it will be soon (the website says February 2012)! I would grab a bottle when it comes back-- this polish is magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment