Monday, August 1, 2011

Zoya Phoebe

The last polish in the Mod Mattes collection is Phoebe. Zoya describes this polish as "bright azure with fine electric blue and violet shimmer with a velvety matte finish. The matte finish amplifies the bright color; this is a matte that positively glows." Like the other polishes in this collection, Phoebe dries matte and flat, but unlike the other polishes, this polish has a hidden shimmer in it. It's gorgeous. And retina searing, wow. This polish is bright.

For me, Phoebe was much better than either Lolly or Mitzi. It was not streaky at all, though because of the brushstrokes I needed three coats to really make it look good. It's still not perfect, but it looks a lot better than the first two. My notes say I didn't use a base coat, but I'm pretty sure I did use Zoya's Anchor base coat with this.

Again, the pictures I have are without and with a top coat. What's awesome is that you can still the shimmer even when the polish doesn't have a top coat, but it looks absolutely beautiful.

Artificial light:


Artificial light with flash:


Natural light - shade:


Natural light - sun:

1 comment: