Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sally Hansen Delphinium

Delphinium is another polish from the Tracy Reese for Sally Hansen Spring 2011 collection. Being a purple addict, I had to get this one. It's a very creamy pale lilac color and I thought I would love it.

For reference, here are what delphiniums (the flower the polish was named after) actually look like:

You'll see that the polish clearly doesn't match any of the colors in this picture exactly, but it fits in to the overall scheme.

Overall, I felt Delphinium had a much better formula than Coral Fever did. It went on smoothly and I used three coats. Maybe it was because I had just used another Sally Hansen and was more used to the brush, because this seemed a lot easier to work with in the end.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade:

Natural light - sun:

Looks nice, right? Well... I didn't really like it at all. This color seemed old to me and gave me old lady hands. I like how it looks in the sun, but I wasn't overly wowed by this color. Quite honestly, I almost think this polish works as a neutral. Hear me out! Yes, it is a purple polish, but it's a very "quiet" color. It doesn't really pop and just kind of subsides in the background. So for me, this was kind of a dud. Not because it's quiet, but because I just wasn't in love with the color.

No comments:

Post a Comment