Monday, August 8, 2011

China Glaze Pelican Gray

The next polish in China Glaze's Anchors Away collection is Pelican Gray. Grays are also big in the polish world right now, and though I don't really think of grey as a "spring" color, this one is fairly delicate. Pelican Gray is a light grey with a very subtle shimmer in it. I also think this polish leans a little blue. That, combined with the shimmer keeps it from being too heavy.

I ended up needing three coats on my left hand (the one pictured) but only two on my right hand. I used Orly's Bonder base coat and In a Snap top coat-- I'm not very happy with the top coat. It caused some bubbles, which I hate! I also apologize for the fact my nails got dinged up in between my photo sessions-- you can see it the natural light photos. Sorry!

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash (you can really see the shimmer on the nails here):

Natural light - shade/weak sun (looks more blue here):


I think this is a pretty color and the shimmer gives it depth without being in your face. Like Below Deck, I could see Pelican Gray being appropriate for fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment