Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Essie Watermelon (and my last vacation manicure)

In a break from all the collections I've been showing you, I'm going to show you another one of the $1 Essie polishes I managed to snag from the Trade Secret near my parent's house in Portland. At the beginning of August we went on our annual Not Quite Camping Weekend with our friends-- which is basically an excuse to lay in the sun, swim, eat, drink and play games for a weekend. It's fabulous. Anyway... to celebrate the last vacation of the summer I decided to go with a nice pink and something quintessentially summer: Essie's Watermelon.

Watermelon is a deep blue-leaning pink. In the bottle, this pretty much looks like the inside of a watermelon. On the nail, however, I was a bit disappointed. Mainly because the polish on the nail does not reflect the color in the bottle, which was a major bummer. To me, this polish looked a lot more red instead of pink in most lights. This applied really smoothly, though I used three coats in total with Essie's First Base base coat and Good to Go top coat.

Artificial light with flash:

Artificial/natural light:

Natural light - shade:

Natural light - sun:


No comments:

Post a Comment