Tuesday, August 16, 2011

American Apparel Neon Violet

The next neon polish from American Apparel is Neon Violet. I just have to preface this by saying I am in freaking love with this polish. It's so awesome! I think the "violet" part is a little misleading, though, because I usually think of violet as a blue-leaning purple, while Neon Violet is definitely a red-leaning purple. Quite honestly, I might even go so far as to call this color neon magenta, considering how much red there is in it, but it definitely looks dark purple in certain lights-- particularly low light. Despite the potential misnomer, this color is freaking gorgeous. And the formula is fantastic. Thin but not watery, this went on beautifully in two coats.

Unfortunately, I could not photograph this polish color accurately to save my life. Which really ticks me off, because I love this polish so much and I wish I could show it to you in it's full, awesome glory. For some reason my camera picks this up as very pink, not purple. And while the polish does lean red, it's most definitely not pink. I am going to show you the pictures, but just know that these do not accurately represent the polish, at all.

What it really looks like (or close to):

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash (the bottle looks a lot more purple than the nails do):

Natural light - shade/weak sun:


Argh, so frustrating!! This polish is so amazing in person and these pictures are terrible. I'm really annoyed by it. The bottles in these pictures are slightly more accurate. I'm not sure why the camera makes them look so pink-- I think the camera must pick up and exaggerate the red tones in the polish. In any case, this is a seriously awesome polish and if you like purple or neon, you should definitely run out and get this polish immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment