Tuesday, August 2, 2011

China Glaze White Cap

Ok, summer has finally (maybe!) arrived in Seattle and even though polishes are finally moving onto fall-- I'm not ready yet! In fact, I technically have one spring collection to review!

This is the second half of China Glaze's Spring 2011 Anchors Away collection. This collection of six polishes was called Sand & Sea and is a more neutral palette than the bright, colorful six polishes that made up the Knotty Nauticals.

First up we have White Cap, which is a sheer, white-based polish that is loaded with gold glass flecks. It's a really pretty polish, but clearly meant to be a layering polish and not worn alone. Unless, of course, you like that; in which case, have at it! I used three coats here and there is still visible nail line. It also looks a little streaky, but would look much better with another polish under it.

These pictures are a little old, before I really started to hone my skills. I can't remember what base coat and top coat I used, because I wasn't taking notes at the time.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light:


Very pretty polish - I need to try layering it over some other colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment