Sunday, August 7, 2011

China Glaze Knotty

Sorry for the delay with postings! I was off on my last vacation of the summer and did not bring my computer with me so I could be mostly unplugged from the world.

The next polish from China Glaze's Anchors Away: Sand & Sea collection is Knotty. Again, this collection of six polishes is more neutral than the other half of the polishes. Knotty is probably best described as a sparkly golden beige polish. It's not gold gold and it's not really a bronze-- but it is very sparkly. It's also very sheer. I needed three coats to make this polish opaque and even then, I used fairly thick coats. I think this polish is meant to be used as a layering polish, but honestly, I also kind of liked it alone. Usually I'm not a fan of sheer polishes at all, but there's something that pops about this neutral color-- it's really pretty and has some nice pop to keep it from being boring. The fact that it can be made opaque, or with very minimal visible nail line also helps. For this polish I used ORLY's Bonder base coat and ORLY's In a Snap top coat.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade:

Natural light - sun:

I think it's kind of fun and interesting. I will try to layer it over some darker polishes to give you a different feeling for what you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment