Sunday, October 28, 2012

Wet n Wild Toxic Apple

I meant to post this yesterday, but ran out of time before the football game (we won!!) and even though I didn't go to bed right away when I got home, I was too tired to think about posting. Today I have another Wet n Wild Halloween polish for you, Toxic Apple. I would describe Toxic Apple as a dark blurple with red and blue shimmer. It's dark but never black and the shimmer doesn't get lost on the nail.

Toxic Apple has a more red-purple appearance in the bottle, the polish leans strongly towards blue-purple when applied on the nail. I can still it's purple (in certain lights) but the blue is much stronger than you would guess just by looking at the bottle-- and my pictures are mostly color accurate and you can see how blue this polish actually leans. Toxic Apple has a great formula and applies very smoothly and easily. Here I have used two coats and no top coat.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




While I wish Toxic Apple was a little more purple on the nail (similar to how it looks in the bottle), it is a really pretty polish and I love the shimmer. I don't know if this is a super unique polish-- there are other blue/purple polishes with similar shimmer, but if you can find it for $0.99, it's definitely worth taking a look at! 

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! I went back for this color and it was gone. wah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boo! I hope you find it-- I'll keep my eyes out for a bottle.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this one-- these inky blue black colors are so fun.

    ReplyDelete