Monday, October 22, 2012

Sally Hansen Shiny Penny

This week I will be sharing some awesome fall and Halloween polishes with you! Tonight I have Sally Hansen Shiny Penny, which is from last fall's limited edition Tracy Reese collaboration. I would describe Shiny Penny as a "bright, metallic copper." It has strong orange tones, but definitely isn't orange-- the overall effect is definitely copper. The natural light photos are pretty true to life-- the flash photos really bring out the orange. 

Shiny Penny was pretty easy to work with. Like other metallic polishes, you have to be careful about overloading your brush with polish. The metallic threads don't look get too brushstrokey, which is a major plus. This goes on smoothly and extremely easily. It's maybe a little slower drying than some other polishes, but it's not too long. I used three coats here, but I honestly think you could get away with two. I also didn't use a top coat here.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Natural light - partial sun:


I wish this polish wasn't a limit edition one! It's so gorgeous and so easy to work with. If you see a bottle, snag it! Perfect for the fall season. I want to wear this all the time!

1 comment: