Saturday, October 13, 2012

Julep Annie

Today I have a gorgeous polish to share with you, once again from the Julep + Trina Turk collaboration. This is Julep Annie. Julep describes Annie as an "electric blue topaz creme." Now, I was curious as why Julep would call this blue topaz, so I did a little digging.

Credit
Blue topaz (the stone) looks to range from light blue to a deeper blue, but apparently blue topaz is not generally found in nature and is usually created by treating colorless or light colored topaz gems with heat. So I guess I can see why Julep describes it as electric blue topaz-- it's bright and deeper than your typical sky blue, but has a slightly dusky quality to it as well.

As per usual, Annie is a great creme from Julep. Formula is great; it goes on easily and smoothly. If anything, this is slightly on the thick side, but not unmanageable. I used two coats and no top coat in these pictures.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




I like this color a lot, and again, it doesn't strike me as your typical fall color. I wrote in my notes: "really pretty bold blue, but has a subtle smokey hint that keeps it from being super bright." And that pretty much sums it up for me. With all the neutrals we see for fall-- tan, camel, caramel, brown-- and even yellows and oranges, Annie is a great way to introduce a contrasting color into your fall wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment