Thursday, June 23, 2011

OPI Turquoise Shatter

OPI released several new shatters in addition to their black and silver shatters: red, white, turquoise, blue, and navy. These things sell out like hot cakes (at least when first released) but I managed to snag all five recently. I've played with both the black and silver shatters, but while I had RBL's Bikini Bottom I decided to grab one of the new shatters and see what it looked like. I decided on Turquoise Shatter because I thought the blues/green would play nicely off each other.

I'll be honest and say that I didn't love this straight off. I don't know if it's the coolness of Bikini Bottom or the shimmer of the Turquoise Shatter, but I almost took the whole thing off as soon as I put it on. I decided not to, though, and lo and behold, all my coworkers thought it was awesome. The longer I wore, the more I liked it, but I think I would like to try Turquoise Shatter over some other color-- maybe something darker.

The polish was also a bit on a thick side, which is typical of shatters, but this seemed extra think. You can see it kind of got gloppy on my middle finger and looks kind of lumpy.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash (blinding!):

Natural light (shade):

Natural light (sun):

No comments:

Post a Comment