Sunday, June 5, 2011

Birthday Manicure - Zoya Areej

Yesterday was my birthday (28, yikes! Creeping closer to 30 day by day) and I was kind of at a loss for what I wanted to do with my nails. I was originally hoping to grab a bottle of Deborah Lippman's Happy Birthday to play with, but I couldn't find it at the Nordstrom closest to my house, so that was miss for this year. Should have thought about that earlier! Oh well. I decided I wanted something bright on my nails for my birthday and while browsing through my stash, I decided to try one of my Zoya polishes for the first time.

Areej is a part of Zoya's Summertime Collection for 2011. They describe it as a "soft, muted cool fuchsia pink with an opaque cream finish. A pink for when you want a bold pop of color but not something neon-bright." And this polish definitely delivers. Beautiful color, bright but not retina-searing and very flattering. This is my first experience with Zoya and it was a good one. The polished was wonderfully pigmented and went on the nail pretty much opaque in one coat (I used two coats).

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light (shade):

Natural light (sun):

Very pretty, yes? Happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment