Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Zoya Sharon

The last polish from the Peter Som trio that was produced by Zoya is Sharon-- and this is the only polish from the two Fashion Week trios that didn't make it into Zoya's Lovely Collection. Which is a shame, because it's a lovely orange color! Sharon is described as a  "full coverage creamsicle orange. A subtle and soft interpitation of bold color." First of all... can orange ever actually be 'subtle'? Soft, yes, definitely-- but subtle?! Maybe, but I don't think Sharon is a subtle polish, for all that it may be soft. It does have a creamy appearance, but I don't think I would call it subtle. To me, this polish definitely makes a statement, but it's too loud and has a nice softness to it. In fact, I was a little surprised when I first applied it, given Zoya's description.

The formula on Sharon was probably the best of the three from this trio, but was still a bit on the streaky side. However, I feel like this was a bit thinner than the formula on Neely and so a bit easier to control. I used three coats here to get a smooth, streak-free finish, but I feel like you might be able to get away with two coats with careful application. It photographed much brighter than it actually is in person.

Artificial light - flash:


With the flash under my house lights, Sharon looks positively neon. It's not!

Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Sharon is a lovely orange creme, so hopefully Zoya will find a way to bring it back in another one of their collections in the future for those who missed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment