Thursday, January 3, 2013

Maybelline Downtown Brown

I have one other polish from Maybelline's fall collection, Downtown Brown! This polish was definitely raved about in the polish blogging community when it was released because of it's uniqueness, so I made an effort to keep an eye out for this and snagged it when I saw the display out at my local drugstore. Downtown Brown is definitely a unique polish to my collection, especially since I tend to shy away from brown polishes in general. I would describe this polish as a warm medium brown with a strong blue/green shimmer.

The formula of Downtown Brown was a little on the thin side, and the first coat was sheer and streaky. I needed three coats to get nice, even, opaque coverage. It also dried quickly, but I didn't have any issues with applying it.

Artificial light - flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




To be honest, while Downtown Brown is definitely unique and I like it a lot, but I felt that in real life (definitely not in my photos) that the blue-green shimmer really dominated the polish and overpowered the brown base. I find the shimmer really pretty and love the color combo, which is so unexpected, but I wish it had been a little more on a subtle side.Still, this is a gorgeous polish and I'm glad I have it!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, this is one I knew I should've picked up. It looks like it's got one of those Cult Nails topcoats over it. So cool.

    ReplyDelete