Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Maybelline Metal Icon

Tonight I have a cool polish to share with you, Maybelline Metal Icon. This was one of the polishes from the limited edition fall collection they released, and I believe Maybelline had revamped their nail polish line prior to this fall release. It took a long time for this polishes to show up in Seattle-- I didn't get my hands on this until October, while polishes and other items from this collection started popping up on blogs in August! Anyway, Metal Icon is a great polish, and one I find to be pretty original. It's an interesting silvery taupe polish. I want to call it a glass fleck, though I'm not convinced that's actually the right term for it, but it's made of very fine different color particles. Metal Icon walks the line between silver and brown, and sometimes even seems to flash a little blue too. Very interesting and lovely-- and perfect for fall (or winter)!

I found Metal Icon to be extremely quickly drying-- in fact, almost too quick. You need to put this down on your nail and not go over it again with the brush because you risk dragging it as it dries. It's also a little sheer with the first coat, but you can get decent coverage with two coats. I used three here and in general, didn't have any issues applying it.

Artificial light - flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Have you seen anything that comes close to Metal Icon? Polishes like this seem to be getting more popular, and some similar ones that come to mind are OPI Designer De Better or The World Is Not Enough, though I don't think either of those are dupes.

No comments:

Post a Comment