Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Julep Minka

I'm going to keep this short and sweet tonight! I have another suede polish for you guys tonight! This is Julep Minka, which was one of the add-ons to my November Maven box. Julep describes Minka as an "oxblood red suede." I'm not quite sure if I would really classify this as 'oxblood' just because I generally imagine a darker, vampier red-- but maybe this as close as you can get with the suede finish. Minka also has a fairly strong silver shimmer running through the polish.

The formula here was basically exactly the same as with Amber-- a little thick, but very well pigmented and it dries very quickly. Here I have used two coats and no top coat.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Another great polish! I really like these suedes. I love the textured look.

And, I have something to report in terms of wear: I have been wearing Amber for about 24 hours now and so far I have no chips, though I do have some minor tip wear (which is probably because I'm not very good about wrapping).


2 comments:

  1. I would not call this oxblood, either, but it's still a gorgeously chic color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Definitely not oxblood, but I wonder if it's closer when it's shiny?

    ReplyDelete