Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Julep Donna

Tonight I have the last add-on polish from my November Maven box, Donna. This was the only previously unreleased creme that was offered last month and I loved the way it looked, so I added it to my box. Julep describes Donna as a "smokey peacock blue creme" and I can't really argue there. This polish is simply stunning. The color is deep and gorgeous-- a perfect jewel tone for winter! I can definitely imagine wearing this with a soft creamy white sweater, curled up on a couch drinking hot chocolate. Alternatively, and this might be just because of the name, but I am totally reminded of the character Donna Noble from Doctor Who. She's one of my all-time favorite companions and I think this color would look awesome with her red hair.


Donna is, predictably, a great Julep creme polish. It's incredibly well pigmented and could probably be a one coater with careful application. I used two coats here. I had no issues applying-- went on smoothly and evenly.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




I also tried Donna with the new Julep matte top coat!






The matte top coat worked very well! I think this looks cool matted, but I would love to try it over some glitter.


Overall, Donna gets an A+ from me-- gorgeous color, great formula.

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty teal! This does look awesome mattified. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful. I may need this! I thought of Donna Noble right away, too. I adored her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color! It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete