Saturday, November 17, 2012

Julep Caroline

The polish I have for you tonight is Julep Caroline, another polish I added to my October Maven's Choice box. This was another new polish that was introduced in October. Julep describes Caroline as the "darkest burgundy shimmer" and I can't argue with that. Well, mostly. This polish is very dark but has a gorgeous shimmer. My only minor quibble is calling this burgundy, mainly because to my eye it has such strong brown tones. Don't get me wrong, this polish definitely has a red hue to it-- but I feel like my camera picks up the brown tones!


As much as I love Julep creme polishes, their shimmers run a close second in my book. I don't know why they don't make more shimmer polishes-- because Caroline was great. Formula was perfection and it applied smoothly and without any issues. Julep should make more polishes like this. I used two coats here and no top coat. 

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




You can definitely see the red-burgundy in the bottle in my last picture. This is gorgeous and perfect for fall. This really reminds me of OPI Germanicure, except perhaps a little darker and browner. I need to do a side by side comparison!

6 comments:

  1. Caroline has been on my wishlist for a while. Gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty! I agree it seems on the brown-y side to me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me! It's definitely red in some lights/angles but I see a whole lot of brown.

      Delete
  3. I loved Caroline, it's such a lovely color. And it is very similar to Germanicure by OPI but I think Germanicure is a tad more brown? I can't remember, even though I did compare them! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, and I said the opposite. But honestly, I wasn't looking at them side by side, so I could be totally off. I really need to start doing comparisons.

      Delete