Thursday, November 15, 2012

Julep Kate

Tonight I have one of my add-on polishes, Julep Kate. This was released back as part of the Bombshell Maven Box in July, so I didn't get it when it was first released. But since it was $4.99, I figured why not! I like white polishes more than I used to, and I thought this would be fun to try out. Julep describes Kate as a "pearly white frost," which was a little off-putting. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that that Kate is not actually a frost (hooray!) but a creme with some pearl shimmer in it.

Sadly, as happy as I was that Kate wasn't a frost, I was not impressed with the formula. I probably shouldn't be surprised, since white polishes in general seem to be very problematic in terms of formula and tend to be uneven and streaky. Kate fits the bill exactly. The polish is a little on the thick side, but man is it ever streaky when you get it on the nail. I used three coats here, but I can still see some streaks. However, it was pretty close so I made the decision to skip the fourth coat. My brush was a little wonky also (splayed bristles) which didn't help matters either.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




I did have some issues with this polish as you see. I think I did get some bubbling  on my index and middle finger due to using thicker coats, but that bump on my ring finger was from something that got on my finger and not due to the polish. I think this polish has potential, but the formula definitely leaves a lot to be desired. It's too bad, because it'd be nice to find a white polish that applies more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment