Friday, November 9, 2012

Football Friday: Utah (Non-Mormon) Edition

We are rapidly reaching the end of our Football Friday posts! Just three more to go for the regular season and hopefully one for a bowl game if everything works out. This week we play the Utah Utes, who are entering their second season as a member for the Pac-12 conference. Utah is on a roll right now and UW is still kind of in a funk offensively (last week's game against Cal was a trainwreck, but we did manage to pull out the win). Theoretically this is a home game that we should be able to win, especially since our defense has performed well at home. But our offense really needs to figure out how to get their mojo back! We'll see what happens-- I would like to say we'll win, but given our shaky record and play so far, it feels more like a toss up at this point.

Since it's the last home game of the season, I wanted to go with something fun and sparkly! To start I pulled out Wet N Wild Disturbia, which is a gorgeous deep purple with pink shimmer and then Sephora by OPI Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild which is a lovely violet glitter-- large hexes and small microglitter in a clear base. I used two coats of Disturbia and then one coat of Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild. I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out, but I'm really pleased with it. The lighter purple glitter really stands out against the dark purple of the base and I love the sparkle. I haven't used either of these polishes before and I love them both! A great purple manicure!

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:



Go Dawgs! Beat the Utes!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I'll have to look for that SOPI.... damn you SOPI and your pretty glitters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm a new follower and fellow Seattlite! My guy is also a fellow huge U-dub fan.

    Also, lovely mani!

    ReplyDelete