Friday, November 16, 2012

Football Friday: Beefalo Edition

Seriously, I couldn't think of a good name for this post. We're playing the Colorado Buffaloes in Boulder this weekend. It's a weird kick-off time-- 10:30PST-- so we're planning on heading out to brunch with our friends to enjoy the game. Even though Colorado is entering their second year in the Pac-12 (along with Utah), they're no strangers to UW. These schools have meet several times before in the past and even shared a head coach (of course, not at the same time). Right now Colorado is really struggling and is currently in last place in the Pac-12, while UW is hopefully on the upswing while finishing out their season. Given this, UW should be able to get a huge win here, but given our road woes I'm not sure what expected. I hope the close win over Cal on the road and our great win over Utah last week can propel us to a win here.

I decided to try a new technique (to me) for this week. I decided to sponge purple and gold on my nails. I used Sally Hansen Purple Pulse, which is a gorgeous shimmery purple and then American Apparel Gold Flash. Even though it's recommended to start with the lighter of the two colors, I decided to put Purple Pulse on first because it's on the sheer side. At first I just sponged Gold Flash on my tips, but then I finally decided to mix both together. I love the way the purple and gold looks. This seems almost like a sunset, in a way.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




I do like the way this looks in theory, but I definitely need more practice. Purple and gold look so good together!

Go Dawgs, Beat the Buffs!

Next week it's our annual rivalry game, and I'm trying to think of an epic manicure-- so if you have any suggestions, let me know! 

1 comment: