Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Julep Lisa

Had a very busy weekend and I'm definitely grateful I got three days off. Thank you, veterans! Of course, I meant to post yesterday but got side tracked and so never around to it. We're back to the polishes from my last Julep Maven box. Tonight I have Julep Lisa, which Julep describes as a "warm pebble grey creme." Now this is a description I can get behind-- I totally understand what they're saying here. Lisa is a grey polish with a fairly strong brown tone to it. This definitely reminds me of some rock you would pick up from a stream. I guess it's kind of a dirty grey?

Like most of Julep's creme polishes, Lisa is nicely pigmented and has a good formula-- thin and easy to control. The first coat was a little on the sheer side, but it builds up nicely. I only needed two coats here to get perfect coverage. Seriously, you can't go wrong with Julep creme polishes. It was easy to apply and dried quickly and without any issues.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




I love this polish so much! I've worn it several times already, on its own and under some glitter. This is a little surprising because I generally don't seem to gravitate towards grey polishes very often, but there's something irresistible about this polish.

2 comments:

  1. I actually really like this--I can't resist wanting to see a tiny, tiny bit of shimmer. But I like it as a creme too :) nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be stunning with a hint of gold shimmer in it! But even without it, I still love it.

      Delete