Monday, October 10, 2011

Zoya Jules

The next polish from the Intimate Collection is Jules, which is described as "a sparkling neutral light taupe with gold, silver and champagne metallic shimmer. A new modern metallic that gives an ultra-luxe look." Even though this shade was released in the spring, antique gold and olive gold are big shades for this fall. Several collections have a similar shades, including Wallis (butter LONDON), In A Trance (Cult Nails), and Peridot (Chanel). Jules is on the lighter end of the spectrum, but still has a sort of antique feeling too it and much more muted look.

Jules was pretty sheer and I think you need at least three coats to get opaque coverage. I used three in the pictures I have, but probably could have used another coat.
Artificial light:


Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade:


Natural light - sun:


Jules does have a really pretty shimmer to it, as you can see. However, I don't think this color suits me at all-- in fact, I think this color is a little ugly! It seems to greyed out and green next to my skin and not very flattering at all-- it looks dirty. Which is sad, because I really like the picture on Zoya's website:


However, I just don't think Jules is a polish I can carry off. I'm sure this looks amazing on other people, but not on me, I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment