Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Wet n' Wild Fantasy Markers Night Glow (with Rescue Beauty Lounge Undewear)

My first glow in the dark nail polish!! I've honestly never used glow in the dark polish before, but I have to say I'm kind of in love with it now. Wet n' Wild Fantasy Markers Night Glow is a glow in the dark top coat. As you can see from the bottle, it basically looks like a bottle of glow in the dark goo. And I suppose that's basically what it is.


And I suppose that's basically what it is. I decided to layer Night Glow over Rescue Beauty Lounge Underwear to get the full effect of the polish. I picked up Underwear in one of my pre-orders... I can't remember why exactly; probably because I figured it might make a nice base coat for sheer colors. Underwear is described as a "clean lit-from-within white neon that is striking on its own, or use it as a base coat. It turns any color layered over it to neon-bright." I needed two coats of Underwear to get a nice, streak-free base coat, but I think it would be possible to that in one coat if you were careful. Underwear is highly pigmented, but a little on the thick side and therefore prone to dragging.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade:


So now... onto Night Glow! Wet n' Wild recommends using 2-3 coats alone, so I used 3 coats over Underwear. Night Glow gives the white polish a kind of greenish/yellowish color and if you hold under a lamp for several seconds, you get a really nice glow. I didn't time it or anything, but I left this one on my swatching hand when I went to bed and did this right before I turned off the lights. The glow was kind of distracting! I kept want to play with my fingers.

Regular light:


Glow in the dark! Both these pictures are a bit blurry (the first one especially) but it gives you an idea how this polish looks.


I think I'm in love with this! Where has this been all my life and why haven't I played with this before?! It's awesome! Definitely couldn't wear this everyday, but this would be awesome at some party with black lights. I need to find an excuse to wear this now!

No comments:

Post a Comment