Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Julep Dendrie

Tonight I have another Julep polish for you! Dendrie was one of the two polishes included in my October Maven box. According to the card, I'm advised to modernize my style with this "chic, dove grey." For some reason, though, I don't see Dendrie listed for sale on Julep's website. I'm not sure if it will be for sale at some point in the future, or if it's a polish they decided to take out of their line-up.

As you can see, Dendrie is a light grey creme polish. This polish definitely requires a light touch, as it seems prone to patchiness if you get a little too zealous with your brushstrokes. I used two coats of Dendrie here, but I feel like I still had some slight areas of patchiness-- not anything super noticeable, but I feel like three coats would have been better. I used Cult Nails Get It On base coat and Wicked Fast top coat.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade:


Yikes, my cuticles look terrible! Sorry. Miss a few days with the cuticle oil and yikes, they go to hell. As for Dendrie, I think the polish is nice, but I honestly think it doesn't do anything for my skin, unfortunately. Also, in weird news, today at work-- my third day of wearing Dendrie-- I was changing gloves at some point and managed to peel all the polish off my left index finger. So weird! Anyway, bottom line: nice polish, but I'm not sure if it's for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love a good gray polish. This is simple but I think it's pretty.

    ReplyDelete