Wednesday, August 22, 2012

American Apparel Neon Pink

Taking a break from yellow, I have a very stunning pink to show you tonight. This is American Apparel Neon Pink, which was added to their neon line this summer. Despite their sometimes finicky formulas, I have a major soft spot for AA polishes and I want all of them. So of course, once I got off my low-buy I snagged it. Given the name, you probably don't need very many descriptors. It's pink and it's neon.

Neon Pink does have a slightly tricky formula-- it's on the thicker side but still gets streaky and a little uneven. Here I used three coats and I think the coverage is pretty even and doesn't look too gloppy. Because it's a neon, it dries to semi matte finish, which you can see in my photos (I didn't use a top coat for that reason). It's definitely bright, though not as retina searing as it would have been if it were a yellow or green. It looks brightest outside in natural light.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Natural light - sun:


This is an awesome polish, especially for summer. Despite being a "summer color", I think this would make a good splash on the toes or fingers during the winter.

1 comment:

  1. MY EYES! MY EYES!!! I can't see! Haha... that is a bright pink, fo sho! I like it!

    ReplyDelete