Wednesday, August 8, 2012

American Apparel Made in LA Teal

Tonight I have another polish from American Apparel's Made In LA series - Teal. Not exactly the most creative name in history, but it's a gorgeous polish. Teal is a gorgeous teal color with a glass fleck teal shimmer that shifts to purple at certain angles.

Teal was a little sheer with the first coat, but it was mostly opaque in two and I used a third for good measure. No issues with the formula here-- easy to work with and apply and it dried quickly. Teal is an awesome summer polish to me-- it invokes water and looks gorgeous and sparkly on and is a really striking polish.

Warning! This is a bit picture heavy because I'm trying to catch to the duochrome shift. The shirt is way more apparent in person (or I am really terrible about catching it with my camera). If anyone has tips for catching it, let me know!

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:







Natural light - shade:






Natural light - sun:


Gorgeous! I'm in love with this polish. I seriously wanted to stare at my nails all day. I would run and pick this up immediately!

I'm going on vacation tomorrow (well, today technically) so this is my last post until next week! Continue to enjoy the Olympics and I'll be back soon!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color! I suck at catching color shift. It's sad, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great polish, nice swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog and I have chosen you for the Liebster Blogging Award! Everything you need to know in order to get the award plus the picture of the award to post on your Blog is here on my own personal blog: http://polishimpressrepeat.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-blog-award.html
    Thank you for putting your hard work into your blog and sharing it with me and your other readers. Congratulations and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete