Sunday, November 22, 2015

Sunny's Body Products Mystery Autumn Box

 Hey look, two posts in one day! Disclaimer: this box is already sold out so you can no longer purchase it, but I wanted to write up a quick review anyway because I thoroughly enjoyed this box and I love Sunny's Body Products (technically I still have the Halloween box to review too)! This time around, Sunny decided to do something a little different-- she picked out 8 autumn relevant scents to make products from, but each box had a mix of seven different products, picked at random. It was a fun way to do it, and I was really looking forward to what I would receive.

There was one lip product included in the box, and I got the newly released lip jelly, which is described as a "beautiful blend between lip balm and lip gloss specifically designed to be a hydrating, smooth jelly perfect for all day use." The scent of either product is Pralines and Cream, which is pretty self explanatory.



This is the first time I have used the lip jelly, but I liked it! The scent was great, sweet but not too much so and it was easy to use and apply.

The hand care I products were the Intensive Cuticle Therapy in Caramelized Pralines, which is described as an "absolutely irresistible homemade baked blend of warm vanilla caramel with dark brown sugar and butter drenched pecans."


I'll be honest-- this was my least favorite scent, but for a specific reason: it reminds me too much of popcorn, which I haaaaaaate. I might be the only person on the planet that feels this way, but the scent of hot buttered popcorn makes me want to vomit. The butter note is very strong here, and to me, overpowers the rest of the other notes and I just can't handle it. I haven't actually used it yet, so maybe it mellows out upon actual usage, but it's hard to get over all that butter, yuck.
 
Next I got the Hand Butter in Cornucopias and Gourds, which is descibed as a "gentle hint of cloves, fresh dried herbs, earthy mums, and freshly fallen leaves followed by the heady warmth of fresh cut wood. It's Autumn in a bottle!"


Given how much I loved the Autumn Mums scent from last year's Autumn Box, it's perhaps not a huge surprise that I love this scent. This one is very spicy and little goes a long way, otherwise the scent can get a bit overpowering. But despite that, this is definitely one of my favorite scents from the box.

Another favorite that I lucked out getting was the On-the-Go Hand Lotion in White Pumpkin and Lilac which is described as a "sweet scent is anchored with notes of amber, cedar wood and sheer musk. Hints of lilac petals and autumn lily flowers are followed by a blissful combination of pumpkin seeds, spicy coriander, fragrant cinnamon sugar and luscious cashmere vanilla." 


Oh man oh man-- I love this scent! It's kind of spicy and kind of floral-- a perfect blend. I love this one so much. Definitely one of my favorites from this box! 

I also received the Hand Sugar Scrub in Pumpkin Marshmallow which is described as "ooey gooey and completely YUMMY! A fabulous Fall treat! Cardamom, cinnamon, marshmallow, cooked pumpkin, Madagascar vanilla, buttermilk, caramel-glaze, and a hint of graham cracker."


Surprisingly, this doesn't smell that edible to me, as I would expect for a scent called "pumpkin marshmallow." I love how smooth and soft this makes my hands feel, but I don't love the scent as much I thought I would.

 Sunny has switched up her cuticle oil packaging, making them slimmer and putting a metal rolling ball instead of a plastic one. I received the Cuticle Oil in Sweater Weather, which is described as a "unique, fresh scent that blends crisp juniper berry and sage. The earthy clean smell will remind you of being outside in the brisk air, surrounded by the beautiful changing leaves during the fall with notes of juniper berries, fresh eucalyptus, and sage and a tiny bit of woods, sweet spearmint and dew mixed in." 


I really like the packaging changes that have been made here. Plus this scent is great, so I think this might be my winner for the whole box!

I got the Triple Thick Body Lotion in Pumpkin Cornbread, which is described a "sweet pumpkin is blended with cornmeal, ground clove and cinnamon in this warm fall bread, straight from the oven."


I'll be honest-- I didn't expect to like this scent. Surprise! I actually love this. The cloves, cinnamon and pumpkin notes take the lead, with the cornmeal note finishing it up. It's spicy and not too sweet.

There was one scent I didn't get:  Spiced Pumpkin Latte, which is described as a "delicious blend of rich milk and creamy butter followed by the intoxicating and heady scent of coffee, decadent pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sweet notes of sugared maple and chocolate cream round out this satisfying and heart-warming scent." 

Overall I really liked this box and I enjoyed the twist on her usual seasonal boxes! Can't wait to see what she cooks up for the holidays!

2 comments:

  1. They all sound and look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first Sunny box I passed on all year, I just am not a big fan of the whole autumn pumpkin scent. And I think I bought 5 already this year, so have a lot of all the products to choose from..,good stuff!

    ReplyDelete