Thursday, November 19, 2015

Girly Bits Fathomless

Today I have a fun polish to share with you! This is Girly Bits Fathomless! This is an older polish, released back in 2013 as part of the "Season of Sparkle" collection. It was recently on sale and is now retired-- I snatched it up on a whim even though greens tend not to be my thing. The Girly Bits website describes Fathomless as a "deep teal, with glowy blue/green micro glitters that peek through the jelly lacquer." PS-- I think it's awesome that the GB website lists retired polishes, along with a shade description and the collection it was released in?! So helpful for those of us who are crazy like this.

This had a great formula. It definitely felt a bit jelly-like in its consistency, just a touch on the thick side. With the first coat, I got pretty good coverage but few sheer spots towards the tips of my nails-- a second coat evened everything out no problem! Fathomless dried fairly quickly down to a more matte finish, so definitelu need a top coat to make this nice and glossy. Luckily it's not a very thirsty polish and one layer of top coat was all I needed to make it smooth and shiny.

Artificial light (flash):

 
I took few photos with my iPhone to better capture the shimmer, because I couldn't photograph it properly at night with my camera. 


I personally think this is a great Christmas polish and I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I love this color, given that it's not really my wheelhouse (green, near-black). But there's something about the sparkle and flash and how it never looks quite black that snuck up on me and sunk its claws in-- so I love this! It's greenish blue, blueish green, shimmery, dark and deep-- love it!

2 comments: