Friday, October 30, 2015

Purple Friday: Colors by Llarowe Rest in Pieces

Another Friday, another week eeking out a Purple Friday post right under the wire. This definitely wasn't my plan. I came down with a very terrible bout of food poisoning (or a stomach virus) on Monday night and spent 7 unpleasant hours getting rid of everything in my body. Not really a great way to spend the night, let me tell you!! I did manage to recover fairly quickly, thank goodness, but it really threw a wrench in my week. I didn't get any Halloween manicures done, didn't feel motivated to post, everything. I'm feeling like a lame-duck blogger right now, but oh well.

Tomorrow is Halloween night and a black out game at Husky Stadium. Due the late start time (8pm, are you kidding me?) and the holiday it's practically impossible to find a babysitter. So I'm staying home and watching from the couch while my husband attends. Which actually suits me ok, because now I don't have to deal with rainy weather or getting home at 1am. We're playing Arizona, and in the past some of these games have been pretty crazy-- so I might miss something. But I'll take that chance.

When I realized there was going to be a Halloween night game, I immediately thought of Colors by Llarowe Rest in Pieces, which is a polish from the New Year, New CbL collection. It's described as a "deep purple linear holo with blurple holographic micro shimmer." The formula is pretty good-- it was just a teensy bit streaky in the first coat, but two coats gave me perfect coverage. It dried down quickly and with a shiny top coat, looks gorgeous. My photos show it as a blue leaning purple, but in real life in has more red tones. I might try to snap some pictures in natural light to see if I can get a more accurate color shot.

Artificial light (flash):


This polish is perfect for Halloween night-- deep and vampy with the holo sparkle. It's moody and mysterious. The formula was great and even though it's a shame I waited so long to wear it, I think I'm putting it to good use now! And with that-- I'm beat!

Go Dawgs! Beat the Wildcats!

2 comments: