Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Misa BubblePop

Tonight's polish is Misa BubblePop, from the Hot Summer Collection. BubblePop is the older sister to Pink Cadillac-- it's another shimmery bright pink, but several shades darker. Despite being slightly darker, it's still pretty blindly bright and therefore an excellent summer color. It's pretty bright, but not actually neon. You can't argue that this is a great color for either a summer manicure or pedicure-- or for pulling out in the depths of winter.

The formula of BubblePop was similar to Pink Cadillac. It was a little sheer and a little runny, so I needed to use three coats and had to be careful while applying it because it had the tendency to pool a bit. But it dries quickly, so I can deal with a slightly runny formula.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:


I decided I wouldn't include the incandescent light photos because they so distorted the color of the polish. Blah.

Natural light - shade:




Natural light - sun:


As much as I love Pink Cadillac, I think I love BubblePop more. What's going on here? But it's just such a fun, happy color that it's a little irresistible. 

4 comments: