Friday, September 28, 2012

Julep Otte

Tonight I have another polish from the Julep + Trina Turk collaboration, Julep Otte. Otte is described as a "rich camel neutral creme" and camel is such a classic color for fall. This isn't an original color by any means-- camel hair coats are a staple of fall lines, but it's just that-- a classic staple that you can always wear from year to year. Hard to go wrong with that!

Otte was supremely easy to use. It applied like butter-- very well pigmented and has a formula that went on easily and smoothly with no issues at all. I feel like in the past I would have been very hesitant to wear a color like this because camel has strong yellow undertones, which I think can make the color look a little gross (at least on the nails). But Otte doesn't seem to pull too yellow at all, though I think it's slightly more yellow than it photographed here. I used two coats and no top coat in my photos below.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:








Gorgeous color! I think the 'rich' descriptor is definitely apt-- I want to go out and buy a camel hair coat asap. I could definitely see this becoming a staple in my polish wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment