Friday, September 14, 2012

Football Friday: Portland State Vintage Edition

So, let's pretend last week's game didn't game. Game-- what game?! I certainly did not watch a football game last week, barf. But New Orleans is an awesome city and I totally recommend it if you like 1) eating, 2) drinking, 3) history, or 4) all of the above! We had a fabulous time and I would love to go back.

 Moving on to this week where we face the Portland State Vikings, a Division II (well, FCS now) school that we've never played before. Theoretically we should be able to put up a lot of points against PSU, but given how inconsistent our team has been playing, I won't hold my breath. However, I'm hoping for a rout tomorrow. That will make me feel better!

I have an awesome vintage polish (courtesy of my friend Nicole) for this week's game. I discovered this polish in her stash and it was one I had never heard of before-- OPI You Ottoware Purple. I was dying to try it out and she was gracious enough to let me borrow it for awhile. This is from the OPI Canada collection, which was released in the fall/winter of 2004. I didn't even know this polish existed! And now I'm so envious because this polish is gorgeous! You Ottoware Purple is a deep red-purple grape polish with a very strong red and blue shimmer-- classic OPI for sure.

Here I have used three coats of You Ottoware Purple and no top coat in my pictures below. The formula was a little on the thick side, but that might just be because the polish is slightly older. It goes on a little sheer in the first coat, but generally covered well in two coats (in fact, for my manicure I am only wearing two coats) but I used three to cover up any thin sports. This does have a slight metallic finish to it, so you have to be careful of brushstrokes, but it wasn't really a big issue during application.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Do you see this?! *drool* I love how the blue shimmer particles practically turn this into a duochrome polish. It's so pretty!

Natural light - sun:


I'm in love with You Ottaware Purple! My camera does make this a little more blue-toned than it actually is in real life. But regardless of that, this polish is gorgeous and I think I am going to have to hunt this down somewhere! Thanks to Nicole for letting me borrow  it!

Go Dawgs! Beat the Vikings!

No comments:

Post a Comment