Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cult Nails Feel Me Up

Today I have Cult Nails Feel Me Up for you! This was a limited edition polish that was available during Cult Nails Black Friday sale and has now sold out. Maria has said this polish will come back, so be on the look out for this to possibly be available again sometime later this year. Maria describes this as buttercup yellow, which is a pretty spot-on description-- yellow that leans slightly orange. And because of the color, Maria and her husband decided to name this color after the song "Build Me Up, Buttercup"... except that they thought the lyrics were "fill me up/feel me up" and hence the name Feel Me Up! I think that's cute-- mainly because I always sing the wrong lyrics too.

So Feel Me Up is a pretty yellow jelly/creme polish. Yellow makes for notoriously bad, hard-to-work-with polishes. Most are extremely streaky but I found that for the most part, Feel Me Up is pretty good, which is a surprise! The first coat goes on fairly sheer and streaky, but all my pictures below are just three coats and you can see the finished product looks good and there aren't any major streaking issues. I will say that I used thicker coats (1 thin and then 2 thick) and deliberately tried to use the least amount of brushstrokes I could (three, generally) to apply the polish to my nail, especially with the thicker coats. This definitely helped to build opacity and reduce any streakiness. I thought there was still some streakiness after three coats, but it doesn't seem to show up in the pictures, so maybe I was imagining it. In any case, if there wasn't, it wasn't so bad that I felt I needed to add a fourth coat.

Artificial light with flash:

Artificial light:



Natural light - shade:


Feel Me Up is a great cheerful yellow! However, I'm not sure I really like the color with my skin tone, but I still like this polish. I love yellow polishes because they are so bright and cheerful, especially in the winter months. Feel Me Up, while not perfect, makes for a very decent yellow polish, which makes me happy. It's like a little bit of sunshine on your fingertips!

No comments:

Post a Comment