Thursday, September 29, 2016

HPB Presents Glitter Topper: Girly Bits Black Eyed Susan

Today is a fun one! I haven't participated in a Hobby Polish Bloggers monthly nail art challenge in awhile, but when I saw that glitter toppers had been picked as the theme I knew exactly which polish I wanted to use. This is a bit surprising, because if you've read this blog for any length of time, you know I am not a glitter topper person. Rarely do I blog about them. I tend not to buy them and I rarely wear the few that I do own. However, the polish I'm sharing with you today, Girly Bits Black Eyed Susan, is one of THE very first indie polishes I ever bought-- and I've never worn it! So I felt like it was high time to use it. I actually had to search for this, because I had pulled it out to wear last fall (and never did) so it wasn't where it should have been and I had a few moments of panic! Luckily I was able to find it, so let's go!

Black Eyed Susan is clear base packed with different sizes of yellow glitter, as well as green and brown/rust colored glitter, to mimic the look of the flower it's named after. Even years later, this polish still flows pretty well and was maybe a touch thick but not terrible. The glitter came out of the bottle easily, though I did use the dabbing technique to spread it out over my nail. Here I layered it over one of the monthly mystery shimmers from Enchanted Polish, August 2016, which is a beige neutral with pink shimmer. I wanted to make sure all the glitters would stand out.



While I'm not totally in love with the finished product because I mistakenly grabbed an old bottle of top coat and got bubbles(!!) Black Eyed Susan stands the test of time and I think the polish itself looks great! I'm glad I used a neutral base because it helps the glitter stand out and gives it an autumnal feel. I got a lot of compliments on this! I'm really happy I finally pulled it out and wore it! I'm glad this theme came around when it did!



1 comment:

  1. Nice swatches of it. I own this polish and quite like it myself.

    ReplyDelete