Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cult Nails I Got Distracted

The final polish from the Cult Nails Coco's Untamed Collection is I Got Distracted, which Maria says is the polish that comes closest  to actually being named after Coco. Let's just say that while this is the last polish from the collection, it's definitely one of the most spectacular. I Got Distracted is described as a "black jelly polish with holographic glitter interrupted by intense green glitter."

I Got Distracted is pretty packed with glitter, but wasn't so thick that I had trouble applying it. I think you could get away with two coats, but I used three for my pictures below. This dries to a gritty finish so you definitely need several layers of top coat to make this smooth and glassy looking. I used a coat of Gelous as a sort of spackle and then Essie Good to Go. Wearing I Got Distracted is like having a Christmas tree on your fingernails. At least, that's what came to mind when I wore this. The green glitter is dominant when you see this under low light, but when you get this under direct light-- BAM!! The holographic glitter comes out to play and you get flashes of gold, red, blue and green and it's so much fun! It's so pretty.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:





Natural light - shade:




Natural light - sun:


Bottle shot (slightly blurred):

This polish is called I Got Distracted for good reason-- I wore this manicure and literally could not take my eyes off my nails. I would be typing something at work and just have to take a few second to stare at all the little sparkles on my fingers. It's a great polish and even though it's got a black base, it doesn't read 'goth' at all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment