Monday, November 28, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge Piú Mosso

Next in the Firebird collection we have Piú Mosso, perhaps the most intriguing polish of the whole collection-- at least in my opinion. This was the only polish in the collection that I knew I had to have when I saw the preview swatches. Part of it is because I love blue polishes and part because Piú Mosso is such a unique color.

Ji describes the polish like this: "Later, the ominous dark clouds bled into the sky with a fast-moving wind. Piú Mosso is an inky, blue-black that shoots through a flash of orange, the last glow of sunlight."

Piú Mosso, translated from Italian, means "more movement" and as I just sang a Latin requiem we also took it to mean singing with tension. Giving that this polish has been inspired by a hurricane, I think both work-- the winds picking up and clouds scudding across the sky and the almost imperceptible pressure that builds up as the storm grows. Piú Mosso is a color combination you don't see very often-- a dark inky blue (but never black) that has strands of copper shimmer running through it. If you enlarge some of the pictures, you can see that the copper shimmer sparks green/yellow, blue/purple, and red. Piú Mosso applied wonderfully, and was practically a one coat polish. However, I used two coats here, to ensure complete coverage. It's nicely pigmented and the formula is excellent-- not too thick or too thin.

Artificial light: 


Artificial light with flash:


Natural light - shade:



Natural light - sun:



Is the shimmer seriously out of this world?! It's amazing. Unfortunately, the shimmer is most pronounced under direct, bright light. You can still see it on the nail in the shade/indirect light, but it's much more subtle. I am glad I got this during the pre-order and swatched it while the weather was still nice so I show you its true depth and just how pretty it is! I don't own anything like this and if you're looking for a truly unique blue polish, I would snatch this up before it sells out!

No comments:

Post a Comment