Sunday, November 6, 2011

China Glaze Near Dark

So, I know Halloween was a week ago but I still have some polishes to post from Halloween collections. This polish is Near Dark, from China Glaze's 2011 Halloween Collection. Near Dark is a dark, murky forest green polish that is nearly black. I usually don't like near black polishes because they are so dark that it's hard to tell that they aren't actually black and I like to be able to tell what color the polish is. With Near Dark, however, I felt like even though the polish was dark, you could still tell it was a very dark green. I was actually surprised that I loved Near Dark as much as did. I also like it because the color is a little bit funky-- I like that it's a swampy, murky green. Not really sure how Halloweeny it is, but I think it's an awesome color for fall/winter.

Near Dark was very nicely pigmented-- I used two coats on most fingers, though I did need three in a few cases. The polish didn't feel too thick, either. I used Cult Nails Get It On base coat and Wicked Fast top coat.

Artificial light (these pictures are a little washed out, but it helps to see the green):


Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade:


I completely fell in love with this vampy dark green! Now I can't wait to get my hands on RBL Fortissimo, which is in the same color family of "near black" polishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment