Tuesday, November 8, 2011

butter LONDON Toff

Now that I've finished most of the Halloween polishes (technically, I still have a few that I need to swatch, but I am super busy), I can move on to some of the polishes from the fall collections. All the holiday nail polishes are currently coming out, so I am way way behind.

Tonight I have Toff for you, one of the polishes from butter LONDON's Fall/Winter 2011 Collection. Toff is described as "a darker, dustier, brownish variation on a rose pink." At some point in September, Ulta was having a "buy 1, get 1" sale on butter LONDON polishes and I was interested in picking the rest of the polishes from this collection. By the time I got to my local Ulta, the selection had been thoroughly picked through, but there was one bottle of Toff and one bottle of Knees Up, another polish from the fall collection.

On to Toff: the description is pretty spot on. The polish is a browny, dusky pink polish, and I feel like it's a color of polish that could be considered "old" or "aging". I picked this up and then got home and was regretting my decision because I wasn't sure that the color would be flattering. However, I put it on and really liked it. Toff was the perfect creme polish-- went on smoothly in two coats and was pretty much a dream to work with. Despite my initial misgivings, I ended up really liking this polish!

Artificial light:


Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade:


Natural light - sun:


No comments:

Post a Comment