Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge Poco a poco

Next up from the RBL Firebird Collection is Poco a poco! As a (non-professional) musician, I love that all the names in this collection coming the dynamic markings and/or scoring notes. Poco a poco was one of the two polishes from this collection I originally decided to purchase.

Ji Baek describes Poco a poco: "When the wind picked up, I saw Poco a poco, "little by little." This is a shade that changes from moment to moment. It’s the stunning, sparkling pink of a fanning cloud when the red and orange rays of the sun are trying to burst through."

Poco a poco appears to me to be a sort of muted blue-based pink with a ton of shimmer throughout the polish-- it looks from my pictures that there is gold, red/orange and maybe even a little blue shimmer in the polish. It's truly stunning in the sunlight. The formula on Poco a poco was pretty good as is generally the case with all of the polishes from RBL, but I found that I needed three coats to make it opaque.

Artificial light:




Artificial light with flash:


Natural light - shade:



Natural light - sun:




My only complaint about this polish (ok, well two minor ones): first, I feel the base color of the polish leans a little "old." I'll admit, I was slightly disappointed in Poco a poco when I first applied it. I felt that the color was a bit aging-- but when I saw it the sunlight, I fell in love with the shimmer, which is what really makes this polish stand out. Secondly, I felt like this polish should have been good to go in two coats, but that's really a minor quibble and might be more me than the polish. Poco a poco is a lovely polish and a very unique pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment