Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Julep Boris & Nicole

Now that I'm finished showing you the Firebird collection, I am going to move on to some Julep polishes. Last week while I was on vacation for the Thanksgiving holiday I managed to swatch all of my Julep polishes and I'll share those swatches with you! Boris & Nicole is one of the first polishes I got and it's truly lovely. Julep's website describes Boris & Nicole an "autumn red-brown. Lovely for fall pedicures."

And indeed, Boris & Nicole is a gorgeous polish and absolutely perfect and appropriate for fall. The polish is a beautiful red brown with threads of gold shimmer running throughout the polish. Unfortunately the golden shimmer doesn't really show up on the nail, but it does look great in the bottle. The polish is also a lot more red than I anticipated from looking at the bottle-- I think I would call this color mahogany. Boris & Nicole was almost a one coater, but I used two coats here over the Julep base coat and with no top coat. I thought the formula was a little on the thick side, but certainly not unmanageable in any way.

Artificial light:




Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade:




This is a perfect fall polish! I was actually planning on wearing this as my Thanksgiving manicure, but in the end opted with nothing because I was painting my nails the next day for football. My only problem is that I want to say Boris & Natasha (from Rocky and Bullwinkle)!

No comments:

Post a Comment