Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sephore by OPI - Gleek Out

I'm a huge fan of the show Glee and so when I saw Sephora was coming out with a line of polishes inspired by the show, I was very excited. I went ahead and bought their mini 6-pack which included three exclusive polishes that weren't a part of the regular line up. Gleek Out is one of the regular polishes that was included in the 6 pack. Sephora describes this as a "sheer lime with fine gold glitter" and this is what they think it looks like:




Sheer is definitely right-- I used three coats and still had some weird bare patches on my middle finger--probably my own fault during the application. I believe you could get this to be opaque if you use thicker coats or more thin coats.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light (shade):

Natural light (sun):

Because I was wearing China Glaze's Cha Cha Cha last week, I decided to layer Gleek Out over it because it seemed like they were slightly similar. I suppose apple green is not quite the same as lime, but it was pretty much the closest polish I had. I think they worked fairly well together. This is one coat of Gleek Out over Cha Cha Cha.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light (shade) - you can really see the gold glitter:

Natural light (sun):

No comments:

Post a Comment