Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sally Hansen - Gray by Gray

Like I said, I'm sucker for any sort of blue nail polish and I have a secret passion for grays too. This polish was recently review over at All Lacquered Up and when I saw it, I decided I had to have it. After scouring the city for it (Walgreens, Bartell Drugs), I finally found it at the Fred Meyer a block away from my house. D'oh!

Gray by Gray is from Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure line, and claims to be 5 steps in one: base coat, nail strengthener, nail treatment, color, and top coat. I decided that I would use my own base coat and top coat as well, to prevent staining and making sure my nails dried very quickly-- especially since I decided to do this manicure on a Friday morning before I had to go work. What was I thinking?!

The polish was excellent and went on very smoothly in two coats. The brush was a little hard to work with-- very wide and firm-- more like a paddle than a brush. But with my wide nail beds, it only took 2-3 strokes to cover my nails.

Now... pictures! I apologize for the crappy quality-- I think I've been lazy and so I haven't been getting very good pictures. Also, the weather here was sucking, so the light hasn't been great either. Lastly, as I mentioned above, I did this manicure on a Friday morning before running off to work. I was so careful and the manicure set wonderfully and looked great all day-- until I got home and somehow managed to scratch my middle finger. Argh!

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light (shade):

Really liked this color and I would be willing to buy more of these polishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment