Tuesday, May 24, 2011

China Glaze - Blue Iguana

And here we have another polish from China Glaze's Summer 2011 Island Escape collection, Blue Iguana. Personally, I think they should have called it something like "Blue Lagoon"-- this is a beautiful bright (almost electric) medium blue glass fleck polish. The color is gorgeous and definitely reminiscent of tropical waters. This polish was a bit tricky for me compared to 108 Degrees-- it was a lot thicker and goopier than I anticipated. I tried to do some thin layers but I am still working on technique (always!) so my later layers were a little thick and I had some issues with bubbling, but the sparkle and a top coat helped cover that up.

Artificial light (taken in the early morning, so there's some sun as well):

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light (shade-- look at that shimmer!):


Natural light (sun):

A really beautiful polish-- I just wish it had applied better! Or... I need to need to work on my application technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment