Friday, May 6, 2011

Sinful Colors - Aqua

I grabbed this on a drugstore run one day-- I don't have anything else like it in my collection, and at $1.99 a bottle, it's hard to pass up. Plus I had a good experience with another bottle of Sinful Colors I have (Mint Apple) so I figured why not?

This polish was... ok. Not great. The bottle is a beautiful blue green color-- I would probably term it turquoise rather than teal. It was a little thick and streaky and I needed three coats (at least on the hand I took pictures of-- I got away with two on the other hand). Under direct light it was a gorgeous emerald green shimmer and in shade/lower light it was a more murky blue color.

In artificial light:

With a flash:

In sun:

In shade:

I'm not sure why the tips of my nails look so terrible. I'm not sure if it's a bad polish job, or if it is the polish itself. I think this color is similar to OPI's Austin-tatious Turquoise or Revlon's Top Speed Ocean, though I don't have those polishes to directly compare. You can view a swatch of Austin-tatious Turquoise here and a swatch of Ocean here, if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment