Friday, December 30, 2016

Purple Friday: Lollipop Posse Lacquer A Party for Calming All Your Nerves

Hey all! My probable last Purple Friday post! Tomorrow is the big day-- UW meets Alabama in the Peach Bowl as part of the college football playoffs! I feel like there's a lot riding on us to do well because the rest of the Pac-12 has been playing very poorly in their bowl games (overall the conference is 1-2 right now... not a pretty picture). The Dawgs are big underdogs in this game and most don't expect us to have a chance. I'm waffling being pessimistic (Alabama is so good, no one can beat them!) and optimistic (if anyone can beat them, Chris Peterson can!). Hard to know! Needless to say, my husband and I have a baby-sitter all lined up so we can go off and cheer on the Dawgs with some adult beverages. Hoping it's a good game, regardless of the outcome-- though of course I want the Dawgs to pull off the big upset! Let it be known that my husband picked this polish because of the name (which I picked because of the color, of course)-- it was this or one other polish so we'll see if this brings UW any luck!

This is my first experience with Lollipop Posse Lacquer.  I felt like the shipping took a really time, though to be fair I did order Thanksgiving Weekend, which is a busy time with sales and such. A Party for Calming All Your Nerves is from the Christmas Kiki collection and is described as a " matte, royal purple shade filled with blue-violet shifting shimmer." Yes, that's pretty spot on. The first coat was a bit sheer, but it built up. I wish it had been a bit more opaque but it wasn't bad. I used three coats here and there is maybe a hint of visible nail line but you can't really see it. In applying it again I might try to use slightly more polish on the second and third coats to really make it opaque. 


 Apparently I forgot to take pictures of my other hand pose without top coat! Whoops! I will try to get some later. I did add a top coat and you can really see how the shimmer pop!



This is a gorgeous color! I'm a little sad that it started off sheer but was happy it built up! The color is pretty stunning and I love both the matte and shiny finishes of this! The shimmer is really strong and I'm a sucker for that.

Go Dawgs! Beat the Crimson Tide! 

1 comment: