Monday, December 19, 2016

Level Up Lacquer Rebel Scum

I meant to sneak this in on Friday but forgot my SC card and was otherwise lazy or busy (mostly busy) this weekend, so you're getting this first thing Monday morning instead! It's no secret I'm a huge Star Wars fan (do you remember my month of Star Wars inspired nail polishes?!) so of course I have been eagerly anticipating Rogue One. This year my husband and I saw it right away and I loved it! It's very intense and emotional and I can't wait to see it again (one or two or three times). So I figured that I needed some sort of manicure to help celebrate. Looking through my stash, I grabbed a polish I didn't get to back in May; Level Up Lacquer Rebel Scum! It seemed appropriate given that the plot of this new movie revolves around the rebels stealing the plans to the Death Star.

Rebel Scum is inspired by the orange flight suits that rebel pilots wear. It's a shimmery orange jelly with white hexes and squares and gold triangle glitter. I was kind of afraid this would be sheer and the glitters would be a nightmare to apply-- I was partly right. I honestly think if I had been more on the ball and not waited until 10pm on Thursday night, I would have had fewer issues. The glitter in this polish sank and so my initial coat was mostly just base and almost no glitter. I finally turned it upside down and allowed the glitters to redistribute it was much easier to grab them with the brush and get them on my nail. So really I think it's mainly because this polish has been sitting around for many months and not because the polish is bad. I needed three coats to achieve the level of opacity I wanted and there is still a bit of VNL.



I like Rebel Scum for its Star Wars inspiration, though this definitely isn't a polish I would wear every day. (I like orange polish, of course, but am not a big glitter fan on a regular basis.) This is really spot on, given the inspiration! It's too bad the glitter settled but it was easily remedied with shaking the polish up. Overall I'm glad I was able to throw together a manicure that was a Star Wars manicure so I could see Rogue One in style!

Happy Monday all! Did you guys have busy weekends or did you get to do something fun and relaxing?




1 comment: