Tuesday, February 19, 2013

All That Glitters Dream On

Sorry for the delay in posting-- I was in Portland this past weekend to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday! We had an excellent time and a lot of fun, but it didn't leave much time for posting. So now I'm back, finishing up some Valentine's Day polishes. Tonight I have Dream On, another polish from the All That Glitters Bitter Hearts collection. Dream On is described as a "pale pink creme base with gold shimmer and holographic gold and gunmetal glitters."

For this swatch I layered two coats of Dream On over Square Hue High School Crush, a light pink creme. I think this makes the base of Dream On slightly more pink than it actually is in the bottle. The formula was a little on the thick side, and in future I would be tempted to wear this on its own rather than layer it.

Artificial light - flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




I think that this is unique color combination, even though I'm not a fan of pink bases. I like how the gunmetal glitters look a little purple, and I think the colors of the glitter give it an edge, especially with the pink base. I'm not sure I'm in love with this polish, but I do like it.

Dream On is limited edition, but is still available from the All That Glitter etsy store and retails for $8.

1 comment:

  1. The gold glitter is a cool, unique touch. Really fun duo! Hapy bday to your m.om :)

    ReplyDelete