Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June Julep Maven Box Review

The Maven Boxes for June had a summer theme to them, and even though I really liked all the colors that Julep was offering, I stuck with my American Beauty box. I got my normal two polishes and some additional brushes, because some of the ones from the last box were wonky. They also included some pixy sticks!



Lily :


Courteney:


In addition to the polishes, my June box contained a lip balm and some sunscreen:



I love the lip balm. Goes on nicely, has a pleasant but not overwhelming vanilla-mint scent to it and I like that it is SPF 15, which none of my other lip balms have. The sunscreen, on the other hand, I am less sure about. I think it is a reformulated/repackaged version of their old Everyday SPF Hand Cream, which I wasn't wild about. Daylight Defense has a mild scent, which I can't really place-- it's not very strong but I don't know if I really like it either. Contrary to their claims, I don't find this to be very hydrating-- I feel like my skin tightens up when I put it on. Additionally, I wear a tinted moisturizer with SPF in it so I don't know if I have much use for this, though I could imagine it would be easy to put this on under some bronzer for the summer months.

Overall, I was definitely pleased with my June Maven box. The only thing I'm not quite sold on is the Daylight Defense sunscreen, but overall this was a great box. I was especially pleased with the lip balm.

No comments:

Post a Comment